Drivers of Green Supply Chain
There are five type of environmental stakeholders group who drive green initiatives within an organization:
- Regulatory stakeholders, who either set regulations or have the ability to convince governments to set standards
- Consumers, who seek emotional resonance alongside the cost and convenience factors of where and when they buy a particular product
- Organizational stakeholders, who are directly related to an organization and can have a direct financial impact on the organization
- Community groups , environmental organizations and all those other potential lobbies, who can mobilize public opinion in favor of, or against, an organizations environmental policies
- Media, who have the ability to influence society’s perceptions
Based on the roles of each player in the supply chain there are different incentives to migrate towards Green Supply Chains and briefly these are as follows.
Factors that drive manufacturers towards Green Design and Green Production include:
- Corporate customer requirements
- Competitor standards
- Voluntary agreements
- Maximizing product understandings
Environmental drivers of suppliers include:
- Customers requirements
- Consumer organizations and NGO’s
Logistics providers are implementing Green practices due to government regulations and customer expectations and agreements
Source : Emmet & Sood – Green Supply Chains : An Action Manifesto. This book was awarded certificate as “The Most innovative Supply Chain book in the last decade (2000-2010)
FREE - Get An Extract From Any Of Our Books - Make a Comment Below
All you have to do is - comment below.
FEATURED COMMENTS WILL EARN A FULL COPY OF ANY OF OUR BOOKS. What are you waiting for? Share Now, and Win.
You may also like